Carole Kanchier, PhD
Authenticity – Be Yourself
Questers Dare to Change Shows How
The word, “authenticity” comes from the Greek root authentikos, meaning “original, genuine, principal.” Authentic people are genuine, self actualizing and have a sense of purpose. Along with fearless passion and courage, they possess strong mental discipline.
Authenticity does not come from title, social stature, or wealth, but rather from how we live. That is, how we go about pursuing our purpose and making a contribution in our own unique way. Authentic people prevail in changing times because they are in harmony with the energy of the universe. Most Questers, described in Questers Dare to Change Your Job and Life, are authentic: www.questersdaretochange.com.
How authentic are you?
- Check qualities you possess.
- – Try to perform daily activities in unique ways
- – Work hard
- – Share honest opinions
- – Enjoy being alone
- – Self aware
- – Curiou
- – Love intellectual stimulation
- – Respect others
- – Enjoy inter personal relationships
- – Seek new opportunities
- – Exude vibrancy
- – Care about environmental issues
- – Live in the moment
- Scoring: The more statements you checked, the more authentic you seem to be.
To be authentic, you must understand who you are, who you want to become, and contributions you intend to make to make the world a better place. Be self-guided, real!.
– Strengthen Quester traits. Take the Quester Quiz: http://www.questersdaretochange.com/services-2/quester-quiz
– Build self esteem. Confidence gives you courage to set high expectations, to risk, to grow, to be authentic. Acknowledge your accomplishments. Prepare a list of positive achievements and personality characteristics. Post this where you can read it daily. Don’t change to please others or compare yourself to or compete with others.
– Stretch yourself. Constantly push the envelope, raising standards. Challenge conventional beliefs and paths. Travel uncharted territories. Although this may invoke disappointments, accepting and growing through challenges enhances authenticity.
– Be in the moment. Engage yourself completely in the activity at hand.
– Maintain perspective. Time and distance can make mountains seem like molehills. Don’t let what happened yesterday affect what will happen tomorrow. Face each challenge with an open mind. Look upon setbacks as one step toward growth and authenticity.
– Take comfort in uncertainty. This unchartered path evolves moment-by-moment. Realize the path is the goal. Everything is workable.
– Focus on the positive. Look for and expect good things. Each time you catch yourself thinking something negative, replace it with a more positive thought.
– Strengthen resilience. Note what you’ve learned from traumatic experiences. Indicate how these have made you stronger, wiser, more authentic. Identify early cues that you’ve ignored, and what you’d now do differently.
– Bolster courage to risk. Review three successful risks taken. Note what made these successful. Identify perceived barriers for taking another risk, and explore ways to overcome them.
– Manage fear. Identify worrisome issues. Minimize these by researching relevant information and resources. Live in the present. Let go of “attachments.”
– Create a life in which you continue to grow and have choices. Make choices in harmony with your authentic self. Questers Dare to Change Your Job and Life shows how. http://www.amazon.com/Questers-Dare-Change-Your-Life/dp/1508408963
Dr. Carole Kanchier, career and personal growth expert, is a registered psychologist, coach, speaker and author of award-winning, Questers Dare to Change Your Job and Life.
Check audible Questers: https://www.audible.com/pd/Questers-Dare-to-Change-Your-Job-and-Life-Audiobook/B07VZNKGJF?asin=B07VZNKGJF&ipRedirectOverride=true&overrideBaseCountry=true&pf_rd_p=34883c04-32e5-4474-a65d-0ba68f4635d3&pf_rd_r=TN801GRP49AWQSSYMDYC1
Dr. Kanchier offers coaching and speaking engagements on topics related to being the real you.
Contact Carole Kanchier; email@example.com; www.questersdaretochange.com