© Carole Kanchier, PhD
After thousands of efforts to make the electric light bulb, Thomas Edison said, “I haven’t failed, I’ve identified 10,000 ways that it doesn’t work.” Helen Keller, Abraham Lincoln, Marie Curie and an endless list of other contributors to humankind found that success inevitably arrives for all who persevere in pursuing their purpose.
Do you persevere? Or, after meeting rejection or difficulties, do you quit? Get sucked into social media, extra coffee breaks or other? To get back to your work schedule try the following.
Tips for Persevering
– Clarify your goal. Base it on your purpose, needs and abilities. Know why you want this goal and how you and others will benefit.
– Intend to achieve your goal. Outline your goal, strategies and timeline. Identify people and resources that can help you attain it. Break the goal into small steps, working backward from your desired outcome and attainment date.
– Maintain optimism. Expect good things. Keep a daily diary of good experiences.
– Acknowledge accomplishments. Judge these against personal standards of self improvements. Have the courage of your convictions. Don’t change for others or compare yourself with them.
– Live in the present. Don’t dwell on the past or worry about what might happen. Let go of attachments. The more attached you are to something, the greater the fear of losing it.
– Try new experiences. Experiment with new ways of improving a product or service.. Investigate how successful individuals or teams have achieved similar goals.
– Care for mind, body, emotions and spirit. Schedule quiet times to think and reassess. Practice stress relievers such as deep breathing and exercise. Get sufficient sleep, eat healthy, and take time for fun and friends.
– Experience yourself living your goal today. Hold your desired outcome firmly in your mind. See, smell, touch, and hear aspects of your goal. Each morning upon rising, review your goal. Repeat the process at night.
– Persist. Focus on goals daily. At regular intervals, ask yourself whether your activities are moving you forward.
can you do tomorrow to move forward in your life career?
Questers Dare to Change Your Job and Life, by Carole Kanchier, PhD, shows how to clarify life career goals, and develop a master plan for career success. Get a copy of Questers Dare to Change: https://www.amazon.com/Questers-Dare-Change-Your-Life/dp/15r-Life/dp/08408963
Check audio edition: https://www.audible.com/pd/Questers-Dare-to-Change-Your-Job-and-Life-Audiobook/B07VZNKGJF?asin=B07VZNKGJF&ipRedirectOverride=true&overrideBaseCountry=true&pf_rd_p=34883c04-32e5-4474-a65d-0ba68f4635d3&pf_rd_r=TN801GRP49AWQSSYMDYC1
Author Bio: Carole Kanchier, PhD, is an internationally recognized newspaper/digital columnist, registered psychologist, coach and author of award winning, Questers Dare to Change Your Job and Life. Kanchier has taught at University of California, Berkeley and Santa Cruz, University of Alberta, and other institutions of higher learning, and worked with clients representing many disciplines. Dr. Kanchier is known for her pioneering, interdisciplinary approach to human potential. She is available for consultations and keynotes